i know what God is asking of me. he is asking me to remember that my team was never mine. that they were entrusted to me for a season, but i have to give them back. i have to trust him to continue to grow and use them without me.
Friday, April 20, 2012
Posted by alicat at 4/20/2012
Monday, April 2, 2012
i got a glimpse of what one of my friends was like as a little boy, and it really grieved me. he was hurt by a lot of people, and really missed out on people loving on him well and real community until the last few years. it's easy for me to forget that the person i see in front of me isn't the person that has always been. i know how much growth i've seen in him this year, but i can forget how different things might have been before i even knew him. listening to another part of his story made me think about a few things:
Posted by alicat at 4/02/2012
Sunday, April 1, 2012
this is my current favorite song: beautiful things, gungor
Posted by alicat at 4/01/2012
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Posted by alicat at 10/23/2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
i am blessed.
Posted by alicat at 10/21/2011
Thursday, October 20, 2011
feeling thankful for:
Posted by alicat at 10/20/2011
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
i head to bed thankful for a great many things, but here are just a few:
- celebrating terri's birthday today. she is such a dear friend, and i am so incredibly blessed to have her in my life. it was a joy to show her a little of how much she is loved.
- earthquake cake
- an overdue phone date with my sister
- a meaningful 1-on-1 with jarrett. a really good conversation, that i think was what he needed to hear. praise be to God for giving me wisdom and the right words.
- a good conversation with tara during the volleyball game
- compliments on my new haircut
- celebrating with abbi over a job well done in chapel
- feeling pretty in my purple dress and boots
- phil & joanna's wedding invitation in the mail
- heading to bed looking forward to tomorrow-i remember a time not terribly long ago, when i would dread work the next day. i feel so thankful to be able to look forward to work.
Posted by alicat at 10/19/2011
one thing that i feel like God has been pressing upon my heart is the importance of remembering. i spoke in chapel in mid-september, sharing about the journey that God had led me on so far and some of the things he had taught me along the way. i was so blessed to be able to get feedback from students right away. God was so gracious to allow me to see some of the impact i made with this act of obedience. but beyond that, it was so good for my head and my heart to be reminded of God's faithfulness. and not just tales of God's faithfulness to other people-whether in the Bible or people that i know. but his faithfulness to me. not his faithfulness to the masses that i am one of. but his faithfulness that is specific to my life.
Posted by alicat at 10/19/2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
its easy to feel like i can take the world by storm, when i have a kindred spirit by my side.
Posted by alicat at 6/28/2011