best gift ever-
Monday, November 2, 2009
things i don't like:
- feeling overwhelmed
- making dumb mistakes in front of a doctor
- grumpy, bossy, unhelpful nurses
- patients' husbands who make jokes about their sex life, telling you how you feel about the jokes (and they happened to be very wrong. i was NOT secretly hiding my laughter. i was trying not to show how repulsed i was!)
- not knowing i am getting a new patient, until after they have arrived
- crying during my lunch break
- parents who pray for me
- nurses who help out
- thankful patients
- knowing i did my best
- getting a letter from my best friend in brazil
- coming home, putting on my favorite sweatshirt & climbing in bed
Posted by alicat at 11/02/2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
just because i don't complain out loud doesn't mean that i haven't let a little piece of bitterness into my heart. it seemed to sneak in without me knowing, and definitely without an invitation. i realized just last week that i had suddenly become resentful of my singleness. even a little mad at God.
Posted by alicat at 10/28/2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
i am spent.
Posted by alicat at 10/09/2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
as much as i have enjoyed living in salem thus far, i knew there were quite a number of places that i had yet to explore. i invited abby to come on this little adventure. it was so fun to see downtown salem a little bit more with a kindred spirit. and bonus, i discovered two new favorite places that also happen to be quite close to my house-
Posted by alicat at 9/21/2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
although some have pointed out that denae, scotty, abby, lisa and i are merely "former" AACs, i see no reason to change what we've called ourselves for the past year, or our ability to hang out, for that matter. =) it was such a blessing to have all 5 of us together again!
last year, martha and i had a magical time in a sunflower field. we were hoping to discover the same magic in the same sunflower field, but it turned out to be quite a disappointment. the sunflowers were a mere row instead of a field, with corn replacing last year's sunflowers. but pictures happened regardless! =)
Friday, September 18, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
what a delightful film, julie and julia turned out to be.
let me give you a small tour of my new home in salem...