Wednesday, January 14, 2009

looking out for me

martha isn't going to let me do one-on-ones like normal.
even though i was willing to cut back in order to fit them all in (a three week rotation instead of a two week), she knew that i needed to be protected...from myself. and although i was quite disappointed at first, i am also relieved. i would have gone crazy trying to meet everyone in the midst of my busyness. and i would have wanted to enjoy them, wanted to be available and wanted to be what my staff needs, but i wouldn't have been able to do that. not while undergoing an exceptionally busy semester of nursing school, anyways. so, i'm just going to hang out in my apartment for a chunk of hours each week, and my staff can stop by and see me as they are available.

but even though i am sad to not be super AAC like i would like to be, it is nice to be looked out for. and that overwhelmed feeling i had bubbling up inside of me at the beginning of this week, seems to have diminished significantly.

No comments: