Tuesday, August 18, 2009

first full day

today i had my first patient as a nurse! the day went by so much faster than the classroom-orientation days that i've had so far. although i wasn't left on my own, there was such a sense of freedom  as i signed off my own medications and did nursey things...as a RN! 

i have one of the greatest nurses ever for my preceptor! she has a great sense of humor, gives me chances to practice things, answers my many questions graciously and doesn't make me feel stupid. =)
the day was not without its trying moments. and even though my preceptor didn't make me feel stupid, i felt that way on my own. i am still overwhelmed with all there is to learn and know, along with all that i am responsible for as a nurse. but both my nurse & my CNA encouraged me at the end of the day, saying that i am a good nurse & soon the feelings that this is true will follow. 
i am so thankful for how God has been blessing me at this job. 

2 more days to go! 

No comments: