Friday, July 16, 2010

a dangerous business

today the movers have come to take away all my belongings that aren't riding out with jordan (my car), my mom and me. i know that i've been making steps the past two weeks to leave for PA: calling my utilities, having my last work day, packing and cleaning...but now that all my stuff is being packed up and taken away, i know there is no turning back. my course is set on this adventure. and you know what? before a few months ago, i would have been terrified at the thought of leaving everyone i know. i would have thought you were crazy if you had told me i would move to the east coast. i would have never believed that i would ever be anything but a nurse.

but its not a few months ago. God has worked in my heart and shown me the next step i am to take. and yes, it is a pretty big one. but surprisingly, i'm not scared. i feel peace and hope and excitement for what God is going to do.

the past few days as i've packed and cleaned (a loathsome task to be sure), i kept hearing frodo's voice in my head, talking to sam as they were starting out on their own big adventure:

“remember what Bilbo used to say: it's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. you step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
J.R.R. Tolkien


1 comment:

Eraina.Davis said...

Sounds Awesome! I just finished a grad program at a Divinity School so I know the feeling of something new and relying on faith. God Bless!