Friday, October 3, 2008

provision

i have been waiting and trusting about my preceptorship since may. lots of prayers have been offered on the subject. and quite a bit of frustration has been felt in relation to all the conflicts and lack of communication regarding those important six weeks.

on monday, i realized that my preceptorship was next week. and although i knew what hospital i was going to, i still didn't know who my preceptor was, what hours i would be working, my schedule or much of anything really...

but, finally on wednesday afternoon i received my preceptor's contact information and on thursday night i was able to get a hold of her (after a day of playing phone tag.) as i spoke with her over the phone, i knew that any worry i had felt during the past months had been for naught. God truly did work everything out. my nurse answered all my questions and even gave me information about all the things that i would have wished that i had asked. and bonus-i'm really looking forward to this experience. really and truly.

september really flew by. and it makes my heart sad to think about not getting to meet with my RAs one-on-one for the next six weeks, even with the wednesday night hang-out time. to be honest, i've actually been dreading my preceptorship quite a bit because i am pretty sure i will have one-on-one withdrawals. but as i talked with my nurse on the phone, her enthusiasm was catching. i am excited for the days ahead.

so...not only did God provide for my schedule, my nurse, he even gave me some excitement to be back in a hospital. i feel like i shouldn't be amazed that God gave me all i asked for, but i am. he is so good to me.