Friday, February 27, 2009

job offer

hiring freezes. a struggling economy. cancelled internships. no nursing experience.
all of these realities brought me a small amount of fear at the beginning of this month. i wanted to trust that God would provide a job for me, but these facts didn't make it easy.
so, in the process of me trusting, i applied for a job at salem hospital. they were coming to campus and if we sent our resume to them ahead of time, we could have an interview while they were here. since it sounded relatively painless and like a good experience to have, i sent in my resume. i was undecided if i even was interested in this hospital. but i thought that even if i didn't want to work there, i wanted to knowledge that somewhere wanted me. =) so i applied.
the next day, i had an offer for a full-time position, day shift, working on the oncology floor.
after touring the hospital on friday and getting confirmation in other places, i feel like this would be a good fit for me.
so, i have a job! God is so faithful.