Thursday, May 31, 2007

confirmation

last night, one of my residents seemed to confirm what God directed me to do. after i gave my two-weeks-notice (after lots of prayers, tears and conversations about this difficult decision!), i was really having doubts if i did the right thing. my boss (and one of the nurses who happened to be in the room at the time) were very convincing in trying to get me to stay. i felt a little confused about my actions and asked God to give me a little confirmation that i had been obedient.

later that evening, one of my residents didn't seem to be oriented to time and place. she told me that she had just gotten fired. i offered my condolences for this unfortunate incident, whenever it occured. she told me that she hadn't been technically fired, but instead had quit a very difficult job. she told me what a hard worker she is and all the employers at all the jobs she's had, have appreciated her efforts. but this job was far too much, according to her. she said that she wasn't willing to stay at a job if it was killing her to do so. she wasn't willing to sacrifice her health or her family in order to do well at an impossible job.

i told her i agreed with her, especially since the same was true for my situation. talk about confirmation.

i also got told by a resident that she "wasn't born behind a pumpkin, you know." God offered confirmation and humor to my evening. as always, he provided just what i needed: reassurance and laughter. and messages on my computer when i got home from friends who care about me.

1 comment:

Mandipants said...

=)

I love how God works so amazingly!

He never closes a door without opening another- continue to seek Him to see what else He has to teach/show you in your last few weeks- and I'm excited to hear what He has instore for you next!