Monday, May 28, 2007

a phone call

i've had people praying for me these past weeks as i've been struggling at work.

it feels better than anything else to be held up by those who care so deeply for me-
who care enough to pray
to carry me before jesus when i am tired and weak.

tonight jodi called me and encouraged me as only a dear friend can.
i know that her prayers, along with those of so many others have given me the strength to finish the task that has been set before me. i've had amanda writing me from alaska, loving me from far away. i've had whitney still acting as my prayer partner. i've had my family pray with me and hold me when i've cried.

i know that he has given me all i need. tonight as i lay in bed weary, wondering if i'm doing the right thing, he sends me a phone call, offering me a friend to show me his love.

i think one of the biggest lessons of this past year is where to look for the presence of jesus in my life. i have found jesus' love to be seen in the most visible forms in those he has placed around me. in their encouragement, he encourages me. in their interceding for me, he intercedes for me. in their love, he loves me.

i've felt his presence so much in the past few days. what a wonder it is to see jesus in other people.

No comments: