Sunday, June 15, 2008

the way that i take

"but he knows the way that i take..."
these are the words of job, in the midst of horrible circumstances.
even when he couldn't feel God's presence and things seemed as bad as they could be, he was able to recognize God's sovereignty.

my troubles seem small in comparison to what job endured.
but nonetheless,
my tests loom before me in less than 2 weeks.
i still haven't heard back about my preceptorship.
my heart aches for the residents i take care of.
i still don't know what i want to do when i am done with school, which is only a year away.
did i mention that i only have a year left?

i wish i wasn't so frightened of the unknown.
i can't see the direction the path my feet are following goes.
i take one step at a time, hoping that which each step i may have a better view of what is coming.
yet i feel like with each step, i know no more than i did a few steps back.
and it seemed safer a few steps back.

but i am thankful that God can use even my insecurities, tremblings and fears to draw me to himself.
i may not know what is coming.
and i may be scared for what is to come.
but i have a strong hand to cling to as i take each step.

"when my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who watch over my way." -psalm 142:3

1 comment:

Mandipants said...

it's so ironic that I remember that place exactly. like exactly. and it's scary. but, you have seen a number of us go through this unknown. and even though it is still in our nature to hold on to the fear that ensues, be reminded that we've been there, it is all about taking one step at a time, it's about trusting, facing our fears, and just seeing what happens next.

hum, we'll have to chat, there's a lot to be said about this - even if it brings about no new understanding =)