Sunday, June 1, 2008

a break from tradition

i came home from work a few days ago to a note on my bed from mommy, asking me what i wanted for my birthday dinner and dessert. i thought the question was a little odd to have included dessert, since i've had pumpkin pie for my birthday ever since i was five. (this was when i first realized i could have whatever i wanted for my birthday dessert.)
as i contemplated this important decision, i came to the realization that i wanted something other than pumpkin pie. as delicious as this dessert continues to be for me, i have made it several times at school this past semester and i am craving some chocolatey goodness.
despite my brothers' protests against this untraditional approach to my birthday indulgence, i decided upon a german chocolate cake for june 5th. a difficult decision, but i think it will be delicious.

only 4 more days until i turn 21!


1 comment:

Whitney said...

Alison, my darling. Happy, happy, HAPPY birthday!

I love you, girlie!