Monday, December 3, 2007

hugs in a vase

today i felt defeated. but in spite of my tears, bad test grade and overall discouragement, i felt God holding me.
he used my family to encourage me and feel loved. they even sent me a visual reminder of their love-hugs in a vase, if you will.

"brothers, i do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. but one thing i do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, i press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in christ jesus." -philippians 3:13-14

my eyes still hurt a little from crying, but my heart swells from the love that has been shown me today.


2 comments:

Whitney said...

Flowers always make things better and those beautiful little ladies are certainly no exception. ;)

Let me know if you need anything, tootz. My apartment is always open to cuddling :)

Mandipants said...

I remember a day like that - it was my sophomore year. My mom sent me flowers too.

Miss you.
Love you.
praying for you.