Tuesday, July 8, 2008

slow cooker

as brittany and i discussed tonight, waiting is hard.
"its like God wants us to use a slow cooker."
"yeah-but sometimes all i want is fast food!"

yet, it seems that waiting/trusting continue to be the perpetual lesson that God wants to teach. and in more than one area of my life...

in my devotions a few days ago, i read this about waiting:
"for some who pray expecting an answer, it takes a long time to learn that delays of answers are not denials. in fact in the "delayed blessing office," there are deep secrets of love and wisdom that we have never imagined! we tend to want to pick our blessings from the tree while they are still green, yet God wants us to wait until they are fully ripe."
-l. b. cowman, from streams in the desert

jesus, you know it isn't the first time i've asked for help in my unbelief.
i need you to help me to trust.
give me your peace as i wait.
help me to wait until the proper time.

"the revelation awaits an appointed time...though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay." -habakkuk 2:3

No comments: