Wednesday, April 25, 2007

prayer

this is such a hard week. so many tests, papers, assignments to finish. families are here, or will be soon for check-out and graduation for some of my friends. stress levels are high and little sleep seems to be a given. even though i am going through much of this, i wish i could help to take this hard part away from my friends. watching them struggle is so difficult and makes me wish that i could do something.

for some reason, i don't feel like praying is always doing "something." why is that? do i just not have faith that my prayers could actually make a difference? lord, help my unbelief.

when i tell people that i am praying for them, i make it a priority to really mean it. i don't just say the words, but i really do pray for them. these people are so precious to me:my family both here and at home. do they know that when i say i am praying for them that i really mean it? that i am doing all that i can to help them? that i know they are hurting and want to help them? i hope so...

lord, be the sustainer of these people who mean so much to me. give them your grace to make it through these days. be their strength and help them to grow because of the struggle. please bless them and encourage them.

No comments: