Saturday, August 18, 2007

my heart is full

my heart is full.

i have 10 friends who feel like my family after a week in the wilderness of sisters, oregon.
i wasn't sure anything could compare to the year before, full of laughter, friendship and blessing.
but God surprised me yet again with some people who have become quite dear to my heart.

i'm not sure i have the right words to explain all of the

blessing
warmth
physical pain
laughter
hard times
prayer
silliness
pure joy

of the past week.

God taught me lessons, gave me people to love and support me and revealed himself to me in just the way i needed.
one of the hardest and best weeks of my life.
i feel like i can't stop smiling. my heart ached as i said good-bye to my family, but God gave me a group of 10 people to show me his love in such a tangible way this past week. my body aches and my face is happy.

thank you lord for the gift of this week, these people and your amazing and wonderful love for me.
i don't think i'll ever come close to understanding it.

No comments: