Tuesday, August 7, 2007

same street

i wrote this a while ago-january 15th to be exact. but i still feel the same. there's nothing quite like coming home. i'm just waiting for the day when coming home doesn't include leaving anybody that i love.


i decided that i can't wait for heaven.

after talking to my mommy, i realized how bittersweet it is for me to be at school. i love being my room-mates. i love my res. life staff. i love my classes...even though they add stress to my life. =)

yet, when i'm at fox, a small part of me is longing to be home. but over christmas break, part of me wanted to be back here.

i think that my heart longs not just for the people i love, but for the day when we will all be together. not here and there, but together in heaven. i can hardly wait.

when i was a little girl, my dream was for my whole family to live on the same street. i would be able to visit my grandma and grandpa whenever i wanted. i could play with my cousins, since they would be just down the street. even though i am older and know realistically that my dream could never happen, that desire has never left me. as i've gotten older, i think my dream street has expanded to make room for my dear friends that have become my family.

i don't think i even have the slightest idea of what wonders heaven holds. but i do know that i want to be there more than anything. with my savior and all his people, my brothers and sisters, all my family on the same street.

No comments: