Wednesday, August 22, 2007

walkabout-the very word makes me smile

this past week has been completely exhausting-lots of res. life meetings, inventories, trying to soak up time with friends and attempts to sleep more than 7 hours each night.

as i showed daddy pictures of walkabout tonight, i was reminded of the gift i had last week through my week in the woods.

some of my favorite moments included-
-watching the boys confidently put on nylons or pantyhose as they affectionately called them
-huddling up for prayer
-having colleen help me with my sleeping bag the first day
-everyone ask me about my ankle
-the pizza man song
"with some nalgenes in my hand, i'm the george fox hiking people..."
-laughter on the trail from the very start
-asking questions of dr. biology
-shanna rolling onto me in the middle of the night
-back rubs
-the bandana of encouragement
-earning "stars"
-chris' rock star look
-trading corn nuts for powdered drink dubbed "pazink" and trail mix
-kyle playing the harmonica
-learning about "ghost snakes" from jon
-life stories
-brett's offer to carry me in his pack
-doodleberry jam-isn't the very name enough to make one smile?
-abby's imitation of lucifer (cinderella cat) "poof"
-abby and jon talking to each other through other people as leaders of the day
-throwing rocks/burdens off a mountain
-eating starbursts and hershey nuggets on the top of a mountain
-selecting a candy bar by playing the candy bar game
-having hands to hold when crossing streams
-chipmunks
-stephanie waking us up by "steamrolling"
-breakfast in bed
-community eating
-walking on a glacier with butterflies flying around me
-the boys' love of disney princesses and loyalty to the personal favorites
-the long discussions that followed about disney princesses
-the look on brett's face (and desire to punch chris) when the discussion allowed chris to have hypothetical possession of jasemine AND ariel
-the equally intense discussion of which animals fit our personalities
-snuggling
-watching the sunrise on our last morning
-spontaneous pinecone fight!
-God allowing my ankle to hurt
-God choosing to heal my ankle the last few days of the hike

what a glorious week.

No comments: