Thursday, August 9, 2007

saying good-bye

"anne had a long meditation at her window that night. joy and regret struggled together in her heart. she had come at last...suddently and unexpectedly...to the bend in the road; and college was around it, with a hundred rainbow hopes and visions; but anne realized as well that when she rounded that curve she must leave many sweet things behind..." -anne of avonlea

i find packing to be quite horrid. it reminds me of leaving those i love while revealing areas that i was less than organized. i am getting close to being ready to leave with my physical belongings, but my heart feels torn. with less than 24 hours at home, i don't feel as though i am ready for the adventure ahead. and lucy was no help. she spent the night, which was such a jolly time, yet she was little comfort at the reality of my leaving. i think she may be more sad than i am! peter, paul and mommy prepared a tea party breakfast for us, which made our last few moments extra special and warmed my heart. it also made me feel, yet again, not quite ready to leave.

my prayer is that he prepares me in the ways i can not for what is to come, gives me courage for the unseen yet to be, provides excitement for the future year and comforts me as i say good-bye yet again.

“i hate the thought of going myself-home and i are such good friends.” -anne of the island

No comments: