Wednesday, October 17, 2007

lunch time

today i met cherie and katlyn for chapel. afterwards, we started to walk towards the bon, when i felt like i should invite them over to my apartment for lunch. so there we were-the three of us, chopping, talking, eating. we had a delicious meal-one of the best salads i've made in a while, complete with shrimp, tomato, mushrooms, cucumber and carrots. and for dessert, we had hagaan-daas ice cream bars. earlier that day i had gone grocery shopping. now despite the presence of ice cream already in my freezer, i felt jesus telling me to buy them. and they were on sale, besides.
i pulled them out of the freezer for my lunch guests with this remark, "jesus told me to buy these ice cream bars."
hopefully, he'll direct me towards less fattening purchases in the future. =) but i was glad that i had been obedient. it was a blessing to be a blessing...and a blessing to eat delicious bars with friends!

1 comment:

Mandipants said...

lol

I wish He'd tell me stuff like that too!!