Sunday, October 7, 2007

reunion

my apartment is finally quiet after being filled with people i love. i'd forgotten how much i miss them.
God gave me the energy to play hostess-despite the sniffles and tired eyes, i was able to ignore my body's complaints for a few hours and enjoy the blessing of these dear friends.

















some of the blessings that i enjoyed the past 24 hours:
-knowing that amanda was in oregon as i drifted off to sleep last night
-going to church with amanda and jodi
-wearing new clothes and my glasses to church
-sitting next to amanda when the pastor asked if scotty was the name of angel
"beam me up, scotty?"
-walking away from winters with amanda at my side
-eating in the bon
-coming home to bryan watching the seahawks' game on my couch, without ever offering any explanation
-having bryan ask me for "any prayer requestos"
-talking with my family while laying on my bed
-having whitney cook in my kitchen
-having kevin call with a british accent to see if we needed anything
-laughing with danielle, amanda and whitney
-eating yummy nachos
-telling stories
-having a purring demonstration by tj
-making tea in the kitchen with tj and cherie
-having scott lie on speaker phone and remembering camp melacoma
-kevin discovering scott's deceit at camp melacoma (WHAT?!?)
-looking at scrapbooks with people who are actually in the pictures being looked at =) oh the memories...
-hugging amanda
-hugging whitney
-hugging danielle
-hugging kevin
-hugging tj
-hugging john
-hugging cherie
-hugging martha
-hugging stephanie
-hugging scott
-hugging stacey
-more laughing
-playing apples-to-apples (scott's fav game d/t its logical nature)
-winning without ever getting a green card-yay for teamwork!
"its a rhombus!" "no-its a quadilateral!" "nerd fight!"
-having my kitchen cleaned by amanda
-having understanding room-mates
-taking our 87th group picture AND posing for it for several minutes before it was actually taken AND imagining along with martha how hilarious it would be for bryan to walk up "he-y!"
-talking in accents with kevin and john
-laughing at john's "nerd" accent

what a night. for some reason, i can't stop smiling.
wait-i may know the reason....

No comments: