Tuesday, April 15, 2008

penguins + fish

on friday, scamper the penguin was viewed. it turned out to be a bit of a disappointment.
if i hadn't been watching it with Rob, i might have turned it off. and when we came to the end, we discovered we BOTH would have been okay with turning it off! =) the intended audience was definitely about 5 years old, which thankfully we are no longer. besides NOT being a preschooler, the female lead, snowflake annoyed me. she was entirely helpless and made little gasping sounds any time ANYTHING happened. it might have been a better lesson if scamper hadn't done everything for snowflake and made her show a little gumption-in my humble opinion, of course.


we decided we couldn't end the evening on such a note, so we finished the night by watching the incredible mr. limpet. don knotts was much more enjoyable than anything scamper could offer. and his interaction with ladyfish offered new insights into relationships... =)


henry limpet: "what if i told you i used to be a human being?"
ladyfish: "i don't care how terrible your past was, limpet."

2 comments:

Opinonsmatter said...

You are truly a gifted child. I enjoyed your review for the movie you saw and even had to laugh. My husband and I had sat through an entire film once only to confide to each other that we both could have shut it off 1/2 way through. Keep writing.

Mandipants said...

LOL, I'm devastated, I loved that penguin movie!! Mr. Limpet always rubbed me the wrong way, maybe I'd appreciate it more now-a-days.

You're almost done!! Hang in there! And you'd better take bajillions of pictures are the formal - so I can feel like I was there =)

LOVE YOU!