Monday, August 11, 2008

lovely.

i'm back.
as i've said, it was hard to leave my family.
it really was a good summer with them.
but some of my sadness was quickly replaced with joy as i entered my apartment.
waiting for me were fragrant, beautiful lilies and treats from martha.
lovely.
and even more lovely was seeing jenny
and then the loveliness continued with seeing
all the other AACs-lisa, abby, scotty and denae
and all the ACs-ben, jonathan, tami, keith and my own martha.
in spite of an initial meeting, it was a fun evening with ice cream sandwich dessert and wiffle ball-guys v. girls.

it feels a little unreal that this is my job now.
"where's the AAC?"
oh wait-i'm it. that would be me.

i had dinner with martha tonight.
and i am SUPER excited for this year.
sometimes it makes me nervous to think about the logistics of how everything will work out-meetings, nursing, scheduling, but then i remember God's in control, martha is the coolest, i have a great room-mate and it will all be better than fine.