Monday, August 11, 2008

picnic time

this was a really fun family time.
and it provided me the chance to accomplish a few goals that i've had for myself.

-skipping rocks (i had never skipped a rock before this night, but i even got 3 skips a few times!)
-throwing a football decently (i think i still have some work on this one, but it was good to practice at the very least)
-frisbee (ok-so this wasn't really a goal, but i like frisbees. and i'm excited to have my cookie frisbee with me at school for any opportunities that may come along)

and one other goal that wasn't accomplished on this night, but was partially accomplished this summer:

-driving stick (i've always wanted to know, in the case of an emergency where it was necessary for me to drive one. i only had one go of it, and it was pretty rough, but i understand the concept and could manage my way through it if i was ever in that situation. but i'm pretty sure i would still be freaking out of my mind, even if it i was able to drive stick in that moment.)