Friday, August 1, 2008

trust and thwarting

a portion of what God showed me today-

"i completely failed to see the better things God had for me, so my soul was running from him.
and then for the last time,
with a swift force of convicting power to my inmost heart, came that searching message:
"my child, you can trust the man who died for you. if you cannot trust him, then whom can you trust?"
finally that settled it for me,
for in a flash of light i realized that the man who loved me enough to die for me could be absolutely trusted with the total concerns of the life he had saved.

dear friend,
you can trust the man who died for you.
you can trust him to thwart each plan that should be stopped and
to complete each one that results in his greatest glory and your highest good.
you can trust him to lead you down the path that is the very best in this world for you."

-streams in the desert, august 1

i don't often pray for my plans to be thwarted.
but today i came again to the realization that more than anything i want God's will.
i want his best for my life.
i want my life to bring him glory.
and if my own ideas or plans get in the way of any of that,
then by all means, Lord, thwart away!!

you gave everything so that i could live.
so that i would have the ability to trust you with my life.
help me to trust.
help my unbelief.
and thwart away, my dear savior.

No comments: