Friday, June 8, 2007

al-is-on

when i was in fifth grade i made a marvelous discovery. although i probably should have been paying attention to something that was pertaining to my education in the classroom, i was finding out something pertaining to myself that i found to be quite important. although it seemed quite unusual, i was very pleased with my finding.

my name is a sentence. al-is-on.

my discovery has proved to be very useful throughout the years. i have often used it to help people remember how to spell my name. for instance, this last year, scott made the error of spelling my name with 2 "l"s (which is a quite common mistake...almost as common as spelling my last name with only one "t" or my favorite, adding an "e" to the end.) i informed him (along with my entire staff, thanks to the "reply all" key) of my name's dual ability-to serve as my name and as a sentence. kevin tried to convince me that "all-is-on" could also be a sentence, but i refuse to acknowledge that. =) since then, my sentence has become almost another nick-name. al-is-on.

and martha shared her first thoughts about my sentence revelation:
al-is-on drugs. =)

since then there have been others...
al-is-on edge
al-is-on the clock
al-is-on time
al-is-on the way
al-is-on fire

al-is-on the ball
al-is-on the verge of tears
al-is-on tv

al-is-on the fence
al-is-on board
with more to come, i'm sure...

my name is a sentence. al-is-on.

No comments: