Friday, June 1, 2007

more confirmation

i just climbed into my bed...after putting so many others to bed.

today i discovered that the very day after i gave my two-weeks-notice, my boss, who had only been there a few weeks prior to my hiring had resigned, effective and immediately! i could scarcely believe it! after she had tried so hard to convince me to stay, she was leaving herself. i found it to be quite ironic and at the same time, confirming of my decision. it seems that she wanted to take a different direction, according to one of the nurses tonight. this just wasn't what she was looking for and it wasn't working out. hmmm...same here.

as i prepare for sleep, i can't help but laugh at some of the comments throughout the evening...

today i went in to help a woman to bed at the usual time, much to her amazement. "bed-time! who would have thought? huh. bed-time."

i was also told that alison is a very pretty name. in fact, the woman who told me this explained that she had a family member with that name. however, it was her cousin who was a boy. i asked if it was his last name, but was assured that it was most definitely not his last name!

when i asked a man for his hearing aids, he told me that he didn't care for any coffee or tea, but he appreciated me asking. after all, according to him, i am such a sweet girl. he could tell because of my light brown hair. =)

No comments: