Saturday, July 14, 2007

joys of summer

this is the chapter in my life called "embracing the joys of summer"-


















spending time with family-independence day was so fun!





















i like summer flowers. it gives me a thrill to walk out the backdoor into a field of pink and green and gather a handful of these beautiful things.

















friends-one of my favorite things about summer. visiting with missionary friends was a special evening complete with delicious food including "toasted marshmallows."




















the beach! when i was last at the dentist, my birthplace was mentioned in our conversation. the dental assistant asked me if i thought of myself as a california girl or a washington girl. my answer was "both!" i feel like the joy i experience being in salt water can only be attributed to my californian roots though. and what better way to enjoy it than with my best friend! the day was beautiful-almost 100 degrees. peter and paul agreed that it was the perfect way to spend a hot hot day-swimming, paddling, talking, kayaking, napping, laughing-on the sunny shore of hood canal.

No comments: