Wednesday, November 14, 2007

i'm a nursing student

as much as i dislike exams, there is a satisfying feeling that comes when i've studied hard and am done. i don't really know what kind of a grade i got on this pharmacology test. it was hard. but i feel good about myself now that i'm done! yay!

clinicals was nice yesterday-what was not so nice was having to study when i got home. but jodi made a lovely study buddy, and we got our complaining out early on. =) i was supposed to have two patients, but ended up with only one when one was transferred to the ICU. this was going to have been my first time with more than one patient to take care of, but i ended up with plenty to do with only one.

parts of my day included:
-caring for an ileostomy (which was a little gross, but mostly fascinating)
-being asked for my number by a family member of another patient. (i said "i don't think so" and walked away. later my professor said i could have offered the explanation that i wasn't allowed to date patients/family members, but i think my to-the-point answer left no hope for him-which is exactly what i think he needed.)
-giving insulin shots
-my nap when i got home!
-lots of studying
-bible study
-being reminded of God's control in my life

No comments: