Tuesday, November 6, 2007

a little confident

for the first time today, i really started to feel a little confident on the med-surg floor.
not to worry-not too confident, i feel quite far away from knowing much of anything...
but confident like i feel like i'm going to make it
and that i could actually make a difference
and that i could be a nurse when i grow up

i really liked my nurse today. she has only been a nurse for a year, so she seemed more sympathetic to my insecurities. she let me try lots of things and talked me through quite a few procedures. i put a ng tube in today. i gave some shots and lots of meds. i talked to family members. i took some blood samples. i pricked several of his fingers to get several blood glucose counts.

and my patient told me he liked me lots. he also asked my professor to have me again next week-not likely, but still sweet. =)

you know that country song, "i feel like a woman"...
well, today, "i feel like a nurse."

No comments: