Thursday, September 27, 2007

convictions

the other day jenny was really upset about some drama going on between friends back home. she said a few choice words to describe what she was feeling, shortly followed by an apology to me for swearing. not that i like hearing those words, but i was quite un-bothered by what she said. and i was thinking about why this was...
if the same scenario had been played with the character of jenny being played by jodi, i realized that i would have been considerably bothered.
as a christian, i believe that i am held to a higher standard. when my unbelieving friends do things that my own conscience convicts me, i do cringe sometimes. but i think for a different reason than if one of my christian friends did the same thing. why? because my christians friends know the truth. they have the holy spirit to convict them.
i read this article yesterday about what a christian's response to an unbeliever's sin. by no means do i think that condoning their behavior is the answer, but neither do i think that there should be the expectation for them to act like a christian.
just something to think on...

No comments: