Sunday, September 9, 2007

silent no longer

through a few small moments during walkabout and in-service week, i decided that my resolution for this new school year would be to share the affirmations, kind thoughts and encouragements i think towards people instead of keeping them to myself. sometimes i feel a little silly or vulnerable saying these things, but so far its been quite rewarding. last week i wrote some notes to people, in an attempt to make my messages a little more meaningful than just a sentence on facebook. (i think i must a mental block against writing notes, because it did not take much time at all, much to my surprise!) i find that not only to i get to bless those dear to me, but i am blessed in return!

"silent gratitude isn't very much use to anyone." -gertrude stein

No comments: