Tuesday, March 18, 2008

what i needed

today was pretty tiring. i had a patient with dementia who was pretty confused and required alot of my time. i enjoyed being able to serve my patients in such tangible ways, but by the end of the day i was drained. i had a one-on-one at 7, which i was looking forward to, but i wasn't sure how much energy i could contribute to our time. as i was getting ready to meet with rebekah i prayed that our time together would be a blessing-that whatever she needed that night would happen. whether she needed encouragement or just a fun hour, i asked that God would give me the energy and the words to bless this girl. God not only answered my prayer, but provided encouragement and excitement for me through my time with rebekah.
i felt like we were instant friends, with lots in common. her smile and enthusiasm was contagious.
each one-on-one has different, but i'm finding myself in amazement at God's goodness at giving me more beautiful people to be in my life. his grace still amazes me.

1 comment:

Mandipants said...

I'm always being blessed by you Alison. You are such a servant, always obedient, never selfish. It touches my heart. God will bless you richly for that my dear.

I love you!