Thursday, January 31, 2008

scared and reluctant

tonight in bible study we looked at exodus 4.
things that really stood out to me-
moses was reluctant.
he didn't believe God had picked the right guy.
he didn't believe God could provide for what he had asked him to do.
he was scared.
God didn't give up on him.
God didn't just give him what he needed to do what he had asked moses to do. he gave him more than he needed-signs, wonders, miracles, even his brother to speak for him.

what an encouragement it was to read this story tonight.
to know that God doesn't give up on me.
to know that i'm not the only one doubting that God could provide for what he is asking of me.
to know that God has amazing and wonderful plans for me.
to know that when i seek him, he will be found.

"for i know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and i will listen to you. you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." -jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments: