Saturday, March 10, 2007

loveliness

as i'm in my bed ready for sleep to come, i realize how blessed i am. today...tonight was wonderful.
i was tired from lack of sleep and the busy week, but everything felt so right. how it should be.

i love my room-mates. i love when they tease me. i love when they show how well they know me, even when they expose weaknesses of mine. i love it when they prove they love me by sticking around after that weakness is exposed.

i needed tonight. the reminder that change is coming soon is ever present, but he is helping me enjoy today.

reading e-mail after e-mail sent to the entire staff and smiling. sitting in the bon. seeing david and talking about puffins. knowing bryan loved jenga last night as much as i did. laughing with danielle in the car-ride to the hockey game. listening to her story and wishing i could do more to help the hurting go away. having friends around me as i watched the winterhawks play miserably and lose the game. watching firemen and plumbers play hockey against each other for four minutes. hearing scott root for the plumbers. hitting cheer sticks together. watching martha hit cheer sticks together. sitting behing lacey and carrie and talking with namky and being excited for apt. staffies next year. missing amanda even though she is still sitting next to me. hearing tj make hawk noises. talking about dreams on the ride back to campus about the same certain someone. enjoying hot cocoa. hearing john say 'awkward.' watching 'stranger than fiction' on amanda's floor. almost falling asleep and snuggling with amanda. seeing cherie sleeping. having whitney stroke my head. coming home to my light on.

being exhausted but so content. this is where i am supposed to be.

No comments: