Monday, March 12, 2007

a message

in my youth culture and ministry class, we listened to "a message" by coldplay. i listened to it again today. isn't this what jesus is all about? he proves to be the ultimate friend. his gift of salvation is personal. he seeks us out and shows us how much he loves us in the way that he knows will mean the most to us. he doesn't give us anything generic. he doesn't give us soap or a gift card under the christmas tree. he specially selects an abudant life which isn't like any other, especially for me. he risks everything. he pursues us with all that he has, offering the best gift we will ever receive. we don't deserve this love, yet he seeks after us, waiting for us to say 'thank you' and go home. loving him back is the automatic response for understanding this grand and glorious mystery of jesus' love.

My song is love/Love to the loveless shown/And it goes on/You don't have to be alone

Your heavy heart/Is made of stone/And its so hard to see clearly

You don't have to be on your own/You don't have to be on your own

And I'm not gonna take it back/And I'm not gonna say I don't mean that

You're the target that I'm aiming at/Got to get that message home

My song is love/My song is love, unknown/But I'm on fire for you, clearly

You don't have to be alone/You don't have to be on your own

And I'm not gonna take it back/And I'm not gonna say I don't mean that

You're the target that I'm aiming at/And I'm nothing on my own

Got to get that message home/And I'm not gonna stand and wait

Not gonna leave it until it's much too late/On a platform I'm gonna stand and sing

That I'm nothing on my own/And I love you, please come home

My song is love, is love unknown/And I've got to get that message home

No comments: