Friday, March 16, 2007

my homies

in only one short hour, i get to go on retreat with some of my favorite people....retrizzle with my homies! =)
as i've been thinking this week about the upcoming weekend, i have been so excited, strangely nervous and a little sad. excited because i love the people i get to spend tons of time with! nervous because i'm not even sure why? and a little sad because this is our last "official" retreat together. even with plans for reunions, this feels like the beginning of the end, which makes me sad. i don't like thinking like that, but i can't help it.

fifteen of us heading out on an adventure.
we've done this before, yet this is completely new.
then we didn't really know each other, now we're friends.
lord, help this weekend to honor you. help us to put aside our expectations and comparisons of past experiences with each other. be among us through our conversations, activites and all that we do. protect us and bless us. thank you for these special people that make up my staff. i am so blessed by them.

and my room-mates. they really do come through for me too. i love them so much. since i'm around them so much, sometimes i forget how special they are to me. i loved holding j's hand when she drank her cough syrup last night. i loved making plans for the days ahead of us. i loved getting coffee with j last night to keep us awake. i loved studying late into the night with a buddy. i loved hearing encouragement about my test today, despite j's lack of knowledge on the topic. it helped.

jesus, you are more than enough. you are more than enough for me. you satisfy me with your love. i get a little taste of how much you love me through those you have placed around me.

No comments: